MX Player is a media player for Android devices. Like all other media players, MX Player plays video and music files. Unlike VLC, this app is more often used in the background as a media player to several third-party streaming apps. Some of these streaming apps won’t work without MX Player on your Amazon Firestick. MX Player is generally better than streaming built-in media players. If the streaming app you are using supports MX Player, it is recommended that you install it and set it as the default player. There are some installation methods that you need to follow in order to install these third-party apps like MX Player for Firestick.
What is MX Player?
MX Player is one of the most popular apps downloaded from the Google Play Store with millions of downloads. It is a free media player which is compatible with almost all video formats. Also, MX Player is compatible with many streaming devices and applications. Some applications also recommend using this player with VLC Player because those apps will not work without this media player. One of the main reasons why streamers love MX Player is its advanced hardware acceleration and subtitles feature. In addition, with MX Player, no buffering occurs for all selected movies and TV shows. Unfortunately, MX Player is not officially available on the Amazon App Store. This means you need to download MX Player for Fire TV using some techniques.
Best Video Player for Firestick
There are various media player options for your Amazon Firestick. With plenty of options available to download, it might be a little tricky to choose the best player for your Firestick. However, a media player must include some important features like device compatibility, easy access, video quality, screen display, time display, support for audio and video formats, media synchronization, volume control, subtitles, etc. Unfortunately, only a few media players have all these features, and MX Player is absolutely the best player for Firestick among all.
However, it can also be used on any streaming device that supports Android software. If you want to save money on monthly app subscriptions, you would’ve used some third-party streaming services like Kodi, Stremio, Tea TV, CyberFlix, Viva TV, Cinema APK, etc. So, you must have used MX Player too. Another reason why streamers love using MX Player is that it offers subtitle support and hardware acceleration. In addition, MX Player often results in less buffering for all selected movies and TV shows.
This best android movie player has some amazing features such as
- MX Player is a media player that streams HD and 4K video on your device. It is compatible with many devices, including Amazon FireStick.
- It supports any video format such as FLV, AVI, MOV, MKV, and so on.
- The app interface is simple and easy to use, with many options to adjust the screen size, color, and theme. The player has a subtitle option so you can stream your favorite content in any language.
- Most media players often have annoying buffering issues. However, using MX Player as your default player solves all the buffering issues, and you can stream your favorite content without any breaks.
- MX Player supports advanced hardware-accelerated decoding with HW+ decoder. Hence, MX Player is one of the best options for FireStick users.
VLC vs MX Player
VLC and MX Player are the best players for Firestick or Android devices. Prior to the release of the MX, this VLC was well known among consumers for its stunning design. However, there are some bugs and errors after the recent update. For example, there was an issue in the VLC player after the latest update with the 4K resolution. However, this problem has already been solved in the MX player, but there is a problem with the Ac3 decoder by MX Player. So we can’t play the video that comes with AC3 decoding, but there are some solutions to download another decoder.
Finally, VLC Media Player is completely free and does not display any ads. However, MX Player is a paid app and available for free, so you can see many ads while using the app. Both are generally the best in their own way and have their pros and cons. But, the MX player has the edge over VLC media because of its advanced features.
How to Install MX Player on Amazon Fire Stick?
There are some ways to install MX Player on your Firestick, such as using the app downloader and ES File Explorer. The methods are as follows –
Method 1: How To Install MX Player on Firestick Using Downloader?
Check out how to get MX Player on Firestick using the downloader on your Amazon Firestick. This is the only way you can download and install third-party applications. Instead, you need to enable installation from unknown sources as well, which is the same as installing unknown Android sources.
1. Go to the settings on the top right corner using the Amazon FireStick Remote.
2. Scroll through right and click on ‘My Fire TV.’
3. Now, scroll down and select ‘Developer Options’.
4. Click on the ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ and turn it on.
5. Go back to the home screen by pressing the home button.
6. Tap on the search bar and search for ‘Downloader’.
7. Click the Download button to install the Downloader application on FireStick.
8. Open the Downloader app and click on the URL bar.
9. Enter the URL https://firesticktricks.com/mx to download the MX Player APK file.
10. Press the ‘Go’ button to start the installation of MX Player Firestick APK.
11. Now you can see the installation has started, and it may take a few minutes.
12. After installing the MX Player APK Firestick file on your device, a new window will pop up with the message “The application has been installed”.
Method 2: How to Download MX Player on Firestick using ES File Explorer?
Check out the below procedure to know how to get MX Player on Fire TV Stick using ES File Explorer.
1. Click on the search bar on the top left corner of your home screen.
2. Search for ‘ES File Explorer’ in the search bar.
3. Now, click on the ‘Download’ button to install it.
4. After the installation, Open the application.
5. Allow permission and access to the app.
6. On the homepage, click on the Downloader option below.
7. Click on the ‘Add’ option on the bottom right corner.
8. Enter the URL https://firesticklab.com/mxplayerpro.apk on the search bar and click on ‘Download Now.’
9. The downloading starts, and it will take some time.
10. After the download, click on ‘Install’ to install the app.
11. You can use the MX Player app after the successful installation.
How to Use MX Player for Fire Stick?
Nowadays, most streaming apps will come with a built-in player. Therefore, there will be no need for player installation, but if you feel comfortable with Mx Player and want to shift it. Here is the small procedure to follow.
- Go to the app settings and change the default player to MX Player.
- The other way is to choose the Mx Player from Play icon options.
How to Add Subtitles to MX Player?
The main reason many users stick to the Mx Player is its subtitles feature. But some may face difficulty to claim this feature. Here are a few steps to activate subtitles in MX Player.
- When the movie started, click on the three vertical dots (options)
- Select the subtitles options from the popup
- You will get a list of options, now select Online Subtitles
- Click on the Search option
- Now a popup will appear, and check the “Enter your search text” box
- Enter the movie name you want subtitles for in the prompted search box and click on the next option
- Now select the movie name from the drop-down option.
- Click on OK
- Now you will get a list of available options for the subtitles. It is better to select the first option.
- Now scroll down and locate the Download option and click on it.
- Return to the movie and again click on the options (three dots)
- Now select the subtitles option and click on the option Open
- Your downloaded subtitle folder will appear. Now select the file
- Choose either to replace the subtitles or to display with current ones. Like the Add or Replace option.
Mx Player Not Working
Sometimes you may face a problem while streaming a video on MX Player. Or you cannot open the MX Player. To resolve the issue, here are some fail-proof solutions.
- Firstly try to give some time because there are chances that the app is under maintenance or the server may be down or busy.
- Check if your internet connection is good.
- Check if there are any missed updates of the MX Player and if there are any updates to the MX Player.
- Try restarting your phone.
- Clear the cache data of MX Player.
- Check if you missed any software updates of the device and make sure the device is up to date.
- If the new version MX Player not compatible with Firestick, try out the old version.
MX Player is undoubtedly the best media playback application that runs smoothly on Firestick, but it integrates better with third-party applications to ensure hassle-free streaming. You can easily install MX Player on your Amazon Firestick without anyone’s help by following the methods mentioned above. It also supports the MX Player codec for Firestick and fixes many of the issues in the free version, including ads, glitches, and bugs.