For years together, Insignia has been one of the best in-house brands for 4k and HD TVs that offer tons of features in an affordable price range. This Insignia TV also comes with a remote control or can be paired with a compatible Smart TV universal remote. Amazon has stepped up and has started offering Insignia TV with Fire TV built-in. Moreover, Insignia TV can also beat several top brands in terms of picture quality and features.
5 Best Universal Remote Control for Insignia TV
Most of the remotes that come along with Insignia TV have limited features and cannot be programmed to other media devices. Here, we will cover a list of universal remotes for your Insignia TV that can also control external devices such as Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, and a few other smart household devices like lights, blinds, doors, etc.
Insignia Remote Controls
1. Logitech Harmony Elite
Harmony Elite is Logitech’s premium remote and also is one of the best Insignia remote control replacement. This remote has many amazing features in it and controls your home smart devices and TV together. It is designed with an LCD screen in which the user can organize colorful favorite channel icons that look attractive. Users can also set activities such as “Watch Netflix” or “Listen to Music.” With Harmony Elite, users can also control in-house smart appliances with just a click: dim lights, turn off the TV, soundbar, lower the blinds, set the lights to the desired color, and much more. This multi-functional remote can be paired with the Harmony Hub and Harmony mobile app. If you own several smart home devices and would like to access them just through one remote control, Logitech Elite will do the work for you.
2. Logitech Harmony 950
Our next pick on this list is Logitech Harmony 950, it is similar to our previous remote model but does not involve the Hub. This remote is solely restricted to only IR-based devices, which means you cannot connect devices that work on Bluetooth or other wireless connectivity. This Logitech Harmony 950 works well with most of the Insignia Tv models and few Home theatre systems. It is compatible with video projectors, A/V receivers, Tv soundbars, and other media devices that work on IR. Technically, the Hub offers the ability to access devices behind closed cabinets and control smart home activities. If you do not want your TV and Smart devices to be controlled together or get them mixed up, Logitech Harmony is the ideal pick for you.
3. Insignia Alexa Voice Remote
This is the same remote that came along with your Insignia Fire TV, plus it supports Toshiba Fire TV models. In short, if you have lost your current Insignia Fire TV remote and would like to replace it with a new one, then this will make an ideal Insignia Fire TV replacement at a budget price. For those of you who want the most of your Fire TV features, this remote offers one-touch activities, so with just a press, you have your favorite app displayed. Insignia Alexa remote lets you access most streaming services such as Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Netflix, Sling TV, Spotify, and Twitch. The best part about Insignia Fire TV is that you need not login into your Amazon account. Adding on, it offers access to Alexa voice assistant by pressing the microphone button on the remote and speaking the command.
4. Insignia NS-RC03A-13 TV Remote
This Insignia Remote Control NS-RC03A-13 is one of the best affordable options on our list. This remote is designed to control specific models of Insignia TV. It offers complete features to access streaming over your Insignia TV but cannot link it to multiple devices at once. Insignia NS-RC03A-13 TV remote is not a universal remote, since it only functions with the TV set, you cannot use the remote to control other household smart devices such as lights, fans, door lock, etc. However, this remote is impressively lightweight and has a sturdy built-up, which gives you a tight grip. Another most spoken feature about this universal remote for Insignia TV is that it takes just a few minutes to set up the device to the TV, just insert batteries and set the code, and you are ready to go.
5. Insignia 4 Device Universal Remote
Our last pick for the list is the Insignia 4-Device Universal remote. It is a straightforward and basic remote control that lets you control four smart devices at once. This remote can control your TV, cable/satellite box, DVD, Blu-ray Player, and streaming players such as Apple TV, Roku, and Google Chromecast. The user can program dedicated activities with the given blue, green, red, and yellow keys. Insignia 4-Digit remote features special keys for functions like the picture in picture, swap, and sleep mode. Moreover, this Insignia TV compatible remote has a decent operating range that is 23-foot, making it an ideal remote for large living rooms or bedrooms. If you are looking out for an option other than the Harmony series, then the Insignia 4-device remote is one of the best options to opt for.
Insignia TV Remote Codes
Below are the Insignia Remote Codes which are helpful while programming the remote.
- Bose – 10171, 11204, 11326, 11517, 11641, 12002,11564
- General Electric – 1406, 1407, 1408,1181, 1180, 1175, 0456, 0029, 0905 1171, 0103, 0189, 0217, 0135, 0133, 0116, 0167, 1148
- InnovAge – 000, 001, 004, 009, 035, 038, 045
- MasterControl – 350
- One for All – 0054, 1204
- Panasonic – 06, 07, 15, 18, 20, 0017, 0054, 0178, 0317, 0457, 1564, 0171, 1204, 2002, 2003, 2004, 1326, 1517, 1660
- Philips – 0198, 0490, 0115
- Potenza – 2002, 0171, 1204, 1326, 1517, 1963
- RCA – 12184, 12417, 135, 12049, 11423, 11564, 10171, 10463, 11810, 11892, 11963
- RadioShack – 505, 511, 038,173, 228, 238, 252, 253, 272, 290, 307, 325, 381, 417, 420, 477
- Samsung – 47, 48, 49, 59, 60, 98, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 15, 16, 17, 18, 40, 43, 46
- Simplicity – 564, 575
- Sony – 068, 069, 078, 096, 100, 164, 168, 229, 026, 00171, 01204, 01423, 01564, 02049, 10675, 12428,12596, 00171, 01517, 01710, 01780, 01892, 02002, 02049, 20288, 02417
- All in One Insignia TV universal codes – 0150, 0091, 0133, 0029, 0103, 0116
- Four digit universal codes for Insignia TV – 0103, 0189, 0217, 0135, 0133, 0116, 0167, 0456, 0029
- One for All codes for Insignia – 0103, 0189, 0217, 0029, 0135, 0133, 0116, 0167, 0456
- Directv Insignia Remote Code – 12049, 11423, 11564, 10171, 10463, 12751, 12432
How to Program Insignia Universal Remote?
Option 1: Program Insignia Remote with Auto-Search Method
Within this method, all the universal remote control codes go through a scanning process. The process of programming your Insignia Universal remote has to be done in a sequential, systematic process. Here are the steps to program it.
- Turn on the TV which you need the Insignia remote to be paired with.
- Power on the remote control and press the TV icon button for 5 seconds.
- Now, an LED light will blink over the remote device, indicating that the remote is ready to be programmed.
- Next, point your remote control towards the TV and click on channel keys which are CH+ and CH-.
- At this point, the remote will indicate on/off signals. Keep pressing the up/down keys until the device turns off completely.
- Now check the code by clicking on the “Power” button on your remote. The TV will turn on. Try navigating to the channels to see whether the remote has been programmed correctly.
- Click the “Device” button to save the current code. The LED light on the remote will blink twice to confirm the saved code.
Option 2: Program Insignia Universal Remote with Manual Method
- Power on the Insignia TV for which you want your universal remote to be programmed.
- Press the “TV” icon on your remote.
- Next, press and hold the “Setup” button of the universal remote until it indicates an LED light blink. Your remote is ready to be programmed.
- Now, enter the code which you have read from the program instruction guide.
- Point the universal remote towards the TV and press and hold the “Power” button for a couple of seconds and release it. This will turn the TV off.
- That’s it, and your Insignia Tv has successfully been programmed with the universal remote.
How to Change Input on Insignia TV Without Remote?
Here are the steps to change the input of your Insignia TV without using your universal TV remote control.
- Make sure that your TV has been plugged in with a stable power supply.
- Press the input button at the bottom of the TV system
- Now, you will see all the options of your TV’s input devices. If you want to select a particular one, keep pressing the button a few times till it highlights the desired option and clicks on it.
- At this step, you can choose whether you wish to use a cable or an HDMI port for the network.
Programing DirecTV Remote to Insignia TV
Follow the steps below to program your Directv Remote to the Insignia TV.
- Press the “Menu” key on your remote control.
- Now, on-screen instructions will be displayed on your TV screen, select “Settings and Help.”
- Next, from the “Settings” page, click on “Remote Control” and then select “Program Remote.”
- You need to choose the device you want to program, such as TV, Audio or DVD. If you do not see the device you want to program on the list, search in the DIRECTV code lookup tool and find the device’s 5-digit code.
- Follow each on-screen instruction and wait till the remote has been successfully programmed.
Insignia TV Remote Not Working – Fixed
1. Change Remote’s Batteries
One of the first solutions you could try is to change the batteries of your remote device. It is a common fact that old and drained-out batteries can interfere with the performance of your remote. If the battery’s charge has been out, the signal that reaches your TV from the remote gets weak. Replace batteries with new ones and turn on the remote again.
2. Power Cycle the Remote
If the previous solution does not work, try and power cycle your entire remote control device. Here’s how you can do it.
- Take out the batteries from the back compartment of the remote.
- Now, press and hold the power button on the remote for about 30 – 40 seconds.
- Then press each button on the remote at least once.
- Once done the previous step, insert the batteries back into the remote.
- Now check if the remote has started to work.
3. Use a Third-Party Remote
If the last two solutions do not work, there is a possibility that your remote has been damaged or a button has stopped working. In such a case, try pairing your Insignia Smart TV to a third-party Insignia universal remote. Next, disconnect the old remote and pair your TV with a new Insignia TV remote. This should successfully fix your problem.
4. Contact Manufacturer
If you have recently purchased your Insignia Smart TV, it is obvious that you have received a compatible remote control with it. While your TV is still in its warranty period, you could ask for a repair of your remote or replace it with a new piece.
How to Fix Insignia TV Remote Sensor Not Working?
Here is what you can do when you notice your Insignia remote sensor flickering or not working.
1. Clean your Insignia Remote sensor
Your TV remote sensor can get dirty over time, which later starts to interfere with the signal between your TV and remote. So first, clean the remote sensor with the help of a soft cloth. Make sure to clean the sensor at least 1 in two weeks.
2. Clear obstructions blocking the sensor
Another reason for the remote sensor not working could be obstacles that could hinder the sensor signal and Insignia TV. For example, remove all objects that come in front of your Insignia TV, blocking the TV monitor. You could even try relocating the TV for better transmission of a signal.
Insignia Smart TV has tremendously made its way up to one of the top-selling smart televisions in the market. It seamlessly offers varied features and allows users to control their household smart home devices and the Insignia TV remote. We hope our guide has cleared all questions relating to Insignia Remote functions. Adding on, we have tested and listed down a few universal remote models that fit well with your Insignia TV and a few that work with Alexa voice control. Finally, if you encounter any issues while connecting to the TV, we have pinned down dedicated remote codes for each brand.