Amazon Firestick is one of the most popular streaming devices in the market today. It takes streaming movies, TV shows, and Live TV to the next level with excellent features. A user can not only shop on Amazon with the help of the Firestick remote but also stream favorite apps such as Hulu and Netflix. However, just like other devices, Firestick also has its technical issues, but those can also be fixed by following certain solutions. Resetting the device will solve most of the problems, so first, let’s see how to restart Firestick with / without remote.
[2 Simple Ways] How to Reset Amazon Fire Stick?
We shall show you how you could reset the Amazon Firestick through Settings on your Fire TV. Here’s how you can reset your Firestick.
Method 1: How to Restart Firestick Without Remote?
1. Go to “Settings,” which is located at the top bar of your Fire TV home screen.
2. Navigate and select “My Fire TV” from the Settings page.
3. Now, from the right panel, click on “Reset to Factory Defaults” and enter the PIN if asked for it.
4. Next, click “Reset” from the dialogue box displayed on the screen and wait for a few minutes for the process to complete. Make sure you do not plug out the device during the resetting Firestick process.
5. Once your device resets, the Firestick will automatically restart as if you are setting it up for the first time.
Method 2: How to Restart Firestick with Remote?
1. To restart Firestick using remote, first turn on your Fire TV device and TV and wait for the Home screen to appear.
2. On the Firestick remote, press and hold the “Back” button and Right direction button as shown in the below image for up to 10 seconds and then release it.
3. Now, you can see the Restart pop-up message on the screen. If not appeared, just hold the buttons until it shows the message. Then, select on ‘Reset’ option. Your Firestick will begin the restart process. If you can’t reset Fire TV with remote, you can follow the
How to Clear Cache on Firestick?
This multifunctional Firestick is designed for every app you download. The Firestick remembers its information and activity. But at the same time, while doing this, bugs might enter and block the operating system. You may have come across issues such as longer loading time or titles not playing. The simple solution is to clear the cache of that particular Firestick app to get rid of these issues. Doing this will delete all stored data and restore the app to its factory settings. Below are the steps listed on how you can Clear cache on the Firestick.
1. From your Firestick main home page, click on “Settings.”
2. Next, on the settings page, scroll to the right side and select “Applications”.
3. Now, from the right menu panel, click “Manage Installed Applications.”
4. You will be displayed a list of all installed applications on your device. Select the app you would like to clear cache or the one that has issues.
5. On the application page, at the right panel, click “Clear Cache” to clear the cache of the app.
How to Fix Firestick Frozen?
When your Firestick becomes unresponsive or frozen, at this moment, your Firestick needs a quick restart to fix the issue. In most cases, the Firestick will get frozen when you begin the home screen of your Fire TV, and you will not be able to use any of the controls of your remote. However, you can restart your Firestick with the remote itself when it freezes and doesn’t respond. Here’s how you can fix the Amazon Fire Stick Frozen issue.
- Turn on your Amazon Firestick TV device.
- Now, get your Firestick remote and press and hold at the same time the select button and play button.
- Press the buttons mentioned above for about 10 seconds and wait till your Fire TV turns off by itself.
- Next, wait till it restarts automatically by itself. This should fix your Firestick freezing issues.
Firestick Stopped Working – 3 Fixes (Solved)
At times just a simple restart of your Firestick won’t solve the problem, and you may need to look out for another alternate solution. We have listed down a few solutions to fix this issue.
Check Wi-Fi Password and Connectivity
One of the main reasons your Firestick goes offline and stops working is the unstable internet connection or no proper power supply. If you feel that a password issue could cause this problem, make sure that your Wi-Fi password and Amazon Firestick account password are different. If yes, then reset one of the passwords again.
Firestick Remote Buttons are Not Working
When you try to use the Firestick remote, and it suddenly stops working, here’s what you must do. First, press down the Home Key button on your remote for about 10 seconds and pair your Firestick remote again. Then, reset the remote and try pairing the device once again.
Firestick Remote Stops Functioning
An Amazon Firestick remote is capable of using a lot of battery power in a short period. If you have come across your Firestick remote not working, one of the possible reasons could be that the batteries are out of charge. Unfortunately, batteries do not give a warning message as to when they will deplete. Opt for a high-quality alkaline battery and also keep one spare battery handy in such cases.
How to Fix Firestick Won’t Turn On?
There could be multiple reasons for your Firestick not turning on. It could be frustrating when the Firestick doesn’t turn on since you cannot operate the Fire TV and stream your favorite shows. We have listed down quick steps you could try and fix this issue within minutes.
1. Battery Drain of Firestick Remote
This is one of the most common issues why the Firestick won’t turn on. It could be because the battery could have drained out. Insert new good-quality batteries into your Firestick remote and check if the problem has been resolved. If there is an underlying defect in the batteries, your Firestick will not get paired to your Fire TV.
2. Check Audio Issues
In many cases, audio issues can also lead to your Firestick not turning on. Check the audio settings if you have not turned the volume option off. If it’s off, switch it on. Also, make sure your external speakers are compatible with the Firestick device. Adding on, if the audio settings have the wrong configuration, this can also not turn on your Firestick, so try and fix the correct configuration settings.
3. Verify the White Light Indication
Check and see if the indicating white light has been flickering. If it indicates, then check the power cable if it is plugged into the main power outlet properly. Most of the Firesticks don’t turn on because the power cable has not been inserted properly. It could also be because of the cable cord being damaged.
4. Poor Internet Network connection
For the Firestick to work properly, there must be support of a good internet connection. This error could occur due to a power outage, poor Wi-Fi signals, or an obstacle that turns into a hindrance between your Firestick and wireless internet connection. Firstly, check if the router is functioning well. If not, unplug the router and plug it in again by restarting it.
5. HDMI Port and HUB
One of the main troublesome parts for your Firestick to not work is connecting the HDMI port and the Firestick. If there is an issue with the HDMI port, you must try inserting the Firestick into another HDMI port slot. Also, disconnect the HDMI HUB if you see that your Firestick has stopped working. Then, plug the Firestick directly into the Tablet or TV, or switch the HDMI port at the back of your TV system. Keep one thing in mind that the HDMI port you will be connecting to your Firestick must be plugged into the right input channel of your TV.
How to Turn Off Fire Stick?
You can turn off Firestick with remote or smartphone. Turning off with Remote is simple, but in case there is no remote, you can follow other process using the Fire TV app on phone.
Method 1: How to Turn off Firestick with Remote?
The easiest and simplest way to turn off your Firestick is with the help of the Firestick remote. With a few steps, you can turn the Firestick off completely.
1. Press and hold the “Home” icon button on your Firestick remote and release it after 5 seconds.
2. There will be few options displayed on your Fire TV. Select “Sleep” mode to turn off your Firestick.
3. After you have selected the sleep mode, this will put your Firestick to sleep and turn it off. You can turn the Firestick on again by pressing any button on the remote.
Method 2: How to Turn Off Your Firestick from Your Smartphone?
To turn off your Firestick with the help of your smartphone, you will first have to download the Fire TV app. Here’s how you do it.
1. Open the “Fire TV” app on your smartphone. You can download it from the Google Play Store or Apple App store.
2. Next, you will need to link the same Wi-Fi network connected to your Fire TV to your Smartphone.
3. Open the Fire TV app on your phone and click on the “Gear” icon situated at the top-left corner of the screen. Select “Sleep” and turn off your Firestick.
4. With this, you have successfully turned off your Firestick with the Fire TV app.
Firestick has truly been a hit innovation by Amazon that offers unlimited streaming of favorite apps and Live TV. This media streaming device has provided quality streaming for thousands of movies and TV shows, and with the help of the Firestick remote, you get your work done with just a click. The firestick remote is a simple and straightforward device that has limited buttons and is completely user-friendly. Also, the Firestick behaves just like any other hardware device and has technical problems at times. We hope our guide has helped you fix all the queries and issues you had relating to the Fire TV firestick.