While streaming your favorite shows or movies, you get stuck in between and figure out that your Amazon Fire Stick Not Working. If you have come across this issue, you need not worry about it at all. You can easily fix any Firestick device or Firestick remote problems by just following a few steps. You can even reset Amazon firestick if you are continuously facing issues with your device. This article will guide you through how you can overcome the trouble when your Firestick is not working properly. Resetting your Firestick device will become a child’s play if you follow this complete guide for the same.
Why Do I Need to Reset Firestick?
If your firestick keeps restarting, then one of the major reasons behind this is that you might have too many apps installed. The best way to fix this issue is to factory reset your Firestick device. Factory resetting removes all the content that is downloaded, even the in-app purchases. In addition, all the account information and downloaded content get deleted when you factory reset. This helps to clear all the data that is creating problems on your device and thus gets fixed.
Method 1: How To Reset Amazon Fire Stick without Remote?
If you are facing issues with Fire TV, you can reset Firestick without remote by following these simple steps:
1. On the Firestick homepage, go to the “Settings” menu on the top.
2. In the Settings menu, go to the “My Fire TV” option.
3. In the My Fire TV menu, scroll down to find “Reset To Factory Defaults.” In case it asks for the pin, enter it.
4. It will ask you to confirm for resetting. Click on “Reset” to continue.
5. Wait till the resetting process is going on. Once the process is complete, it will automatically restart the device.
Method 2: Resetting Firestick with Remote
Here are a few steps on how to reset firestick with remote. Simply follow them to reset your Firestick device without Wifi.
1. Turn on both your TV and your Firestick device.
2. On your remote, press and hold the “back” button and “right directional” button for about 10 seconds.
3. A pop-up message appears on the screen. Click on “Reset” to continue. Wait for a few minutes till the process is complete, and do not plug off the device.
Method 3: How to Factory Reset Firestick with Computer?
You can even factory reset firestick without pin or remote in just a few steps using the computer:
1. Download an “Android emulator” on your PC and install it.
2. Launch the emulator on your device and open “Google Play Store.”
3. Search for the “Fire TV” remote app in the play store and download it on your system.
4. Now configure the downloaded app and specify the device that you are willing to factory reset.
5. Click on the gear icon that appears on the left-hand side of your screen.
6. At last, click on the “System” and then “Factory reset” and wait for the process to finish.
How To Fix Firestick Remote Not Working?
When you are in the middle of streaming something, and suddenly your firestick remote stopped working, here are a few ways to help fix the issue.
1. Checking The Firestick Remote Batteries
If your Firestick remote has stopped working suddenly, the first thing that you should do is to check the remote batteries. Ensure that the batteries are fixed properly and correctly with appropriate “+” and “-” symbols. Replacing the older batteries with a new pair can also help to resolve the issue.
2. Firestick Remote Won’t Pair after Factory Reset (Fixed)
Generally, the Firestick remote comes pre-paired with the device. But if your remote is not working properly, it could be due to improper pairing. This problem might also occur after factory resetting the device. So first, try pairing the remote with the device again, plugging the Firestick on your TV, and turning both the devices on. Now press the “Home” button on the remote for at least 10 seconds. If it doesn’t work, try pressing the Home button again for 10-20 seconds. It might automatically work now.
3. Check For The Remote Compatibility
If you are using out of the box remote, this might probably not be the reason for your remote creating a problem. But if you are using a remote that you have bought separately or using a third-party remote, you must check it out. First, ensure that the remote you are using is compatible with your Firestick device or Fire TV. Next, look for the compatibility of third-party remotes and then only go for it.
Firestick Remote Reset Step-by-Step Guide
If you are experiencing issues with Firestick remote, then this step-by-step process on how to reset firestick remote will be quite helpful.
1. Disconnect your Firestick from the power supply and wait for a few seconds.
2. Now hold the back, menu, and left navigation button on your remote together for at least 20 seconds.
3. Take the batteries out from the Firestick remote.
4. Now turn the Firestick device power on and wait till the home screen appears on your TV.
5. Insert the batteries back into the remote, ensuring the correct “+” and “-” signs.
6. Wait for 1-2 minutes. The remote must have been paired properly to your device now. If not, hold the home button on your remote for 10 seconds and then complete the pairing process.
How to Factory Reset Kindle Fire?
For 1st and 2nd Generation Models
1. Go to the “Settings” menu represented in the form of a gear icon in the top right corner.
2. Tap on the “More” option and then click on “Devices.”
3. Now go to “Reset to Factory Defaults” and then select “Erase everything.” This is how to reset Kindle Fire in just 3 steps.
For 3rd Generation or Above
1. Open the “Settings” menu and go to the “Device Options.”
2. Now select “Reset to factory defaults” and then press “Reset.”
You can also reset your device in another way with the help of these steps.
1. When your Kindle is powered down or off, press and hold the “Power” and “Volume down” buttons simultaneously.
2. Amazon system recovery screen appears. Using the volume buttons, select “wipe data/factory reset.”
3. Now to confirm the selection made, press the “Power” button.
4. Again with the help of the volume button, select “Yes- delete all user data.”
5. Now press the “power” button again, and you are done with reset.
If your Firestick is constantly creating problems for you and looking for how to reset firestick to factory settings, you have come to the right page. Fixing all your Firestick issues in no time is possible by adopting the methods mentioned above. Also, you can fix any issues with your Fire Stick remote control as well. So just adopt these methods and enjoy uninterrupted streaming of your favorite shows on Firestick.
1 thought on “How To Reset Amazon FireStick, Remote & Kindle Fire? [3 Easy & Quick Ways]”
Thanks a lot for the kind of perfect topic I have not a lot of information about it but I have got an extra unique info in your unique post.