The Roku player has impressively got the attention of thousands of customers for its amazing streaming functions. It offers tons of movies and TV shows to stream on your TV. Speaking of the Roku remote control, this device is simply incredible. From one-touch channel launch to controlling your games, this remote can do it all. Although all Roku remote models vary solely depending on the Roku streaming device, users can also use the mobile app remotely when needed. Moving further, we shall speak about how you could pair your Roku remote to your TV set and as well as how you can turn it on. Moreover, we have listed down a few universal remotes that work great with Roku players. Thus, you can effortlessly use them when your current Roku remote needs to be replaced.
Best Roku Replacement Remotes
1. Logitech Harmony Elite
There is no doubt that Logitech Harmony Elite is our top pick for the best replacement remote for your Roku Player. This remote controls home smart devices and media devices together, including over 275,000 products from over 5,000 brands. With Harmony Elite, a user just doesn’t control Roku players but can effectively control all entertainment devices of your home. The home devices that Elite can control are smart lights, blinds, thermostats, door locks, and many more. Furthermore, with the help of Harmony Elite, you can program dedicated activities like “Movie Night” or “Play Game.”
2. Amaz247 ARC101
If you want a simple Roku remote with all the basic features of a Roku remote, this Amaz247 ARC101 is the ideal pick. In addition, this Roku remote is one of the least expensive Roku remote controls you will find. Amaz247 ARC101 supports Roku 1, 2, 3, 4 and works with Roku HD and LT, Express, and Ultra. The best part about this remote is that it is super easy to use. There are clearly defined buttons for specific tasks such as forward, play, pause, rewind, etc. Also, it offers one-touch buttons that are dedicated to Netflix, Amazon, Sling, and Hulu, so with just a tap, you can access these apps instantly.
3. Motiexic Remote for TCL Roku TV
If you own a TCL Roku TV, the Motiexic Remote control will be the best suitable companion for it. This remote control is compatible with almost all versions of TCL Roku TV, which are 28S3750, 50FS3850, 32S301, etc. On the other hand, if you’re in a tight budget price range, this remote model is the perfect pick for you since it won’t cost you more than $10. Like our previous pick, Motiexic also comes packed with all the basic features of an original Roku remote. This remote control has a good outline design of functional buttons that makes it easy to navigate and control through the channels. Lastly, this remote will only work with TCL Roku TV and no other versions of Roku TV.
4. GE Universal Roku Remote Control
GE Universal remote is known to be one of the best versatile remotes within an affordable price range. This remote comes with several buttons for every function, such as volume, pause, play, mute, power, and many more. While our previous picks were designed specifically only for Roku players, this GE universal remote can control other devices too. It is compatible with Blu-ray, DVD players, cable receivers, soundbars and can be successfully paired with TV brands such as LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Apple, etc. In addition, the GE remote is pre-programmed for Roku TV and Players, so with just a press, it will connect to your Roku TV.
How to Pair Roku Remote with TV (without Pairing Button)?
What if my Roku Remote doesn’t have a pairing button? Simple, just follow the below procedures if there is no pairing button on Roku Remote.
Pairing A Roku IR Remote
- Plugin your Roku TV device into your TV power outlet.
- Further, change the TV setup to the HDMI input of your Roku device.
- Now, insert new batteries into your Roku remote control.
- Next, press on any remote functional button and your remote will automatically start to pair with your Roku TV.
Pairing Roku Enhanced Remote
- First, insert new batteries into your Roku enhanced remote into the battery compartment.
- Power On your TV and change the setup to an HDMI port for your Roku remote device.
- Now, angle your Roku remote towards your Roku device.
- Wait till the pairing process has been completed. Back onto your TV screen, a message will appear that reads “Pairing” Remote,” after which the remote will be successfully paired.
Process of Roku Remote Reset & Pairing
In many cases, the remote fails to pair to your Roku TV. In such times try resetting your Roku remote. To reset the Roku remote, follow the following steps.
- Unplug your Roku player device from the main power source outlet.
- Next, take out the batteries from the Roku remote.
- Now, plug the Roku player device back into the power outlet after 10 – 15 seconds.
- You will see the Roku logo on your screen. At this step, insert the batteries back into the battery compartment of your Roku remote.
- Next, press and hold the pairing button situated at the end of the battery compartment till the yellow light starts to flash.
- Wait till the remote has completed its pairing process. It will take about 30 seconds to do so. This is how to connect Roku Remote to TV using pairing button.
How to Sync Roku Remote using Pairing Button?
If you are syncing the Roku remote for the first time and still facing the ‘Roku Remote Not Pairing’ problem, follow the following detailed steps:
1. First, open the back battery compartment of your Roku remote and insert new batteries into it.
2. Close the battery compartment and Power on the Roku TV.
3. Next, place your Roku remote right in front of your TV, and it will detect the remote automatically.
4. Click “Yes” when the TV displays a message that reads if you want to sync the remote.
5. Locate the “Pairing” button on your remote. It will be situated at the bottom of the backside of the remote.
6. Press and hold the pairing button for about 10 – 15 seconds, and wait till a light starts to flash.
7. Next, go to the “Home” menu on your Roku TV and click “Settings.”
8. Select “Remote” and further select “Pair Remote.”
9. Once your remote has been paired, a message will be prompted on your TV screen, which reads pairing successfully.
How to Turn ON Roku TV without Remote?
When your remote has been misplaced or damaged, you can always use the Roku remote app over your smartphone to operate your Roku TV. However, before pairing the mobile app to your Roku TV, make sure that your smartphone is linked to the same Wi-Fi network as the Roku TV player.
1. Install Roku mobile app on your smartphone device.
2. Next, select the remote icon that is located at the bottom of your screen.
3. Now, there will be a display of a virtual remote that is identical to the physical Roku remote.
4. To operate, all you need to do is just swipe the keys instead of tapping them.
How to Use Roku Remote?
Organize Installed Apps
All installed Roku channel apps will be displayed in the systematic order by which one was installed first, but you need not leave them so you can re-organize these channels as per your preference.
- Click on the channel you would like to move and select the “*” button on your remote.
- Choose the option to “Move Channel” and use the remote’s arrow buttons to position that particular channel app to your desired section.
Quick Launch Popular Apps
All newer versions of Roku remotes have a one-touch operating key, where you will see dedicated buttons for popular apps such as Netflix, Google Play, Hulu, and Sling. Then, with just one click, you can open the installed app on your Roku TV.
Use Private Listening
All Roku remotes launched after Roku 2 have a unique feature known as Private Listening. This allows you to plug in headphones and listen to the audio of your favorite movie or TV show when the rest of the house is completely silent. This feature has to be activated on your Roku player before you plug the headphone into your Roku enhanced remote.
Few of the Roku remotes support voice command systems. Instead, they are similar to those smart speakers in the market. Moreover, you can control the playback video and audio features with the help of the voice command. Simply press and hold the microphone icon and get started. You can even speak out basic control functions such as “Ok,” “Stop,” “Pause,” etc.
You can make use of the Roku remote and play games over your Roku TV. You can enjoy playing games such as Tetris, Snake, Galaga, and Pac-man. Also, Roku has a dedicated and customized gaming remote that comes with a voice assistant and private listening features.
How to Fix Roku Remote Not Working?
Before starting by fixing the issues relating to your remote not working, make sure that you do not have any obstacle blocking the signal between your remote and TV. Let’s see how you could resolve this.
- Clear Obstructions: Your Roku standard IR remote will pair with the TV only if it is pointed straight toward the TV system. To sync your Roku Remote, you will need to remove all the objects acting as a hindrance in the link between your remote and TV. By doing this, you can easily sync your IR Roku remote.
- Reset Roku Remote Batteries: In most cases, the syncing process will not take place if the batteries are not positioned properly into the battery compartment of your Roku remote. Just take off the batteries and wait for a couple of minutes and then insert them back again. Point the remote towards the TV, and your problem should be resolved.
- Replace with New Batteries: If the previous two solutions do not work, the problem lies in the batteries. The batteries may be out of charge or must have been damaged. Simply discard the old batteries and insert them in new batteries. Now, point the Roku remote to the player and try syncing it.
- Check the HDMI Connection: Roku Stick remotes have to be installed into your TV from the HDMI port located at the back of the TV. If this device has been plugged in there, there are possibilities of hindrances. To fix this, make use of the HDMI extension port offered by Roku for free. Make sure to keep the Roku serial number handy to get the appropriate extension cord.
Coming to the end of our guide, we hope that our solutions have made your experience using the Roku remote much better. We have listed down a few universal remote models that make your original Roku remote the best replacement. You can learn how to program, reset and use your Roku with a step-by-step process. If you encounter any difficulties while operating your Roku TV remote, just go through our simple solutions that can resolve the issues in just a couple of minutes.