Amazon Firestick is a perfect way to enjoy uninterrupted entertainment at your home. But this streaming might get halted or hindered if your Amazon Fire Remote creates trouble. How to connect fire stick remote is one thing that many Firestick users are still struggling with. Unless you know how to connect or pair the remote to your Firestick, you cannot get the best out of the device. This article can be quite helpful to you to pair or program Fire Stick remote. Also, we have come up with several Fire Stick replacement remotes that will serve you in case of need. You can easily learn to connect your remote to FireTV in just a few simple steps.
How To Pair Amazon Fire Stick Remote?
If your Amazon Firestick remote has stopped working, then to pair it manually, you can follow these steps:
1. Unplug your Firestick device from the power supply source and wait at least for a minute.
2. Remove the batteries from your remote and then place them back. You might also consider changing the batteries if they are too old.
3. Now plug in your Firestick device back into the power outlet.
4. When your device starts, press the “Home” button on your remote to initiate the pairing process.
5. As the pairing starts, the light on the remote starts blinking. The light on top will change from a slow to rapid blink.
6. When the menu screen appears on your device, it indicates that the remote has been paired.
How to Pair a Replacement or Additional Remote to Fire TV?
You can do Amazon Fire Stick remote replacement pairing in just a few steps that is quite easier to implement.
1. On your Firestick remote control, press the “Home” button.
2. On the Firestick home page, select the “Settings” menu on the top.
3. From the various available options, scroll to find the “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices” option.
4. In the Controllers and Bluetooth Devices menu, choose the “Amazon Fire TV Remotes” option.
5. Select the “Add New Remote” option to allow your Fire TV to search for other discoverable remotes.
6. On your new remote, press the “Home” button and hold it for five seconds.
7. Now, on your old remote, press the “Select” button in the middle of the circle.
8. You can now find your new remote in the list on the Fire TV screen.
How to Use Your Phone as a Fire Stick Remote?
1. To use your phone as a Firestick remote, the first thing that you should do is download the Amazon Fire TV app and install it. You can get the app from the Google Play store or the Apple App Store.
2. Once the Amazon Fire TV Remote App is installed on your smartphone, open the app, and from the list of available devices, select your Fire TV device.
3. Now login with your Amazon username and password as it appears on the screen.
4. A 4-digit pin will appear on your TV screen. Enter that pin on the app on your phone.
5. Now you will see your remote buttons on the screen of your smartphone. You can now use your phone to control your TV screen.
How To Reset Amazon Fire Stick Remote?
Even after several attempts, if your Firestick remote won’t work, you can try resetting the remote by following these steps.
1. Plug out the Firestick from the power supply and wait for a few seconds.
2. Now press the back, menu and left navigation button on your remote together and hold for at least 20 seconds.
3. Take the batteries out from the Firestick remote.
4. Turn on the Firestick device power and wait till the home screen appears on the TV.
5. Now, insert back the batteries into the remote, ensuring the correct “+” and “-” signs.
6. After 1-2 minutes, check whether the remote has been reset or not.
How To Reset Amazon Fire Stick Without Remote?
When your Fire TV stick remote is out of order or is missing from a place, then resetting your Firestick becomes a challenge. You can still do so by using the Fire TV app on your mobile.
1. On your smartphone, download the “Fire TV” app.
2. Make sure that your smartphone and your Firestick are connected to the same network.
3. Select the “Fire TV Stick” when you see it in the app.
4. Look for the 4-digit code that is displayed on your TV screen.
5. Enter this 4-digit code on the app, and now use the app to control the next steps.
6. Now go to the “Settings” option and navigate to the “System” menu.
7. Click on “Reset to Factory Defaults.” This will reset your Amazon Firestick to factory settings.
Fire TV Universal Remote Controls
1. Amazon Alexa Voice Firestick Remote (2nd Gen)
Since this remote control for Fire TV is from the original brand, it will never let you have any complaints regarding the features or workability. Amazon Alexa Voice Remote (2nd Gen) is compatible with only 2nd and 3rd gen Fire TV devices and the 1st gen Fire TV cube. To make things easier for you, this remote contains power, volume and mute buttons that can be used to control your TV device.
2. Wechip W1 Fly Mouse
This wechip remote with a mini wireless keyboard comes with smart technology and advanced features. The simple plug-and-play feature makes it user-friendly, allowing it to be used with Firestick and Fire TV. This multifunctional remote is provided with 45 keys buttons in a keyboard format convenient to use. It is also provided with an auto sleep and wake-up feature. If the remote control is left without operating for 15 seconds, it goes into sleep mode, then pressing any key will wake up the remote to start the normal working process. Undoubtedly, it comes up to be a perfect Fire TV remote replacement.
3. Amazon Alexa Voice Remote (1st Gen)
This remote control is compatible with the original Fire TV devices and works great with the 2nd Gen Fire TV cube and Fire TV stick and the 3rd Gen Fire TV. If you are using the first generation Fire TV stick but have lost the original remote control, this is a perfect match. Amazon Alexa Voice Remote (1st Gen) comes with all the features and functions of the original remote. You get access to all the Alexa commands, navigation arrows, cross-app voice search, Alexa integration, pause, play, skip buttons, and much more. So, now its much more easy and quick to operate Fire TV stick with Alexa Voice Remote. Also, you can use it to control the soundbar and AV receiver.
4. Sideclick Universal Remote Attachment
The side click is an additional clip-on unit for the Firestick remotes that can be attached to the side of the remote. It can be clipped easily to the left side of the remote, thereby attaching 8 extra buttons for convenient operation. With the help of the IR learning technology, it can code itself using the existing remote that you wish to replace. If you decide to change the streaming device at any point in time, the clip portion is interchangeable. This Sideclick attachment is available for Roku, Apple TV, Mailbox, Xiaomi, Nividia shield, Google Nexus, and Amazon Fire TV or Firestick.
5. iPazzPort Mini Wireless Keyboard
This remote control is the perfect choice for people who are looking for a Replacement Firestick Remote in more of a traditional way. What makes it different from the other ipazzport models is that it is much sleeker due to the absence of the touchpad. Though with a traditional appearance, it is still equipped with a qwerty keyboard with LED-backlit function keys. It also includes multimedia buttons for operating the home, returns, and a pause menu. In addition, it can support Bluetooth 3.0 and works well with Fire TV sticks, tablets, PCs, laptops, and various other devices.
6. Allimity CV98LM Fire TV Remote Control
The Allimity CV98LM remote control is the new replacement remote for Amazon Fire Box and Amazon Fire Tv Stick. This model lacks MIC, so you cannot use it for voice control. Its simple and easy-to-use interface makes this remote control user-friendly. It can be easily connected or paired to your device in just a few simple steps without any complexity.
7. Sofabaton U1 Universal Remote
This Sofabaton U1 universal remote can replace 15 other remotes and is compatible with 500,000+ devices from 6000+ various brands. Thus, you can be worry-free about handling separate remotes for multiple devices. Sofabaton customized smartphone app makes its operation quite simpler and easier with just a single button. It works great with Roku, Kodi, and other smart TV, Projectors, STB, DVD, AV receiver, and many others.
Being provided with an OLED screen display, it tells the current status and makes switching between different devices quite convenient. A macro button is provided that allows you to control multiple commands with a simple push. To gain longer battery life, this remote control is provided with a motion-activated feature. It automatically adjusts the remote brightness with this feature, thereby saving energy and allowing increased battery life.
8. Logitech Harmony Express
This remote is one of the best products from the Logitech series provided with Alexa voice control to control your devices quickly and effortlessly. With the help of voice control, you can operate a set of devices, launch various apps and go to specific channels without taking much time. You can also use it to control various wifi, Bluetooth-enabled devices, and traditional home theatre equipment. This remote is equipped with the major thing that you can even control devices placed inside the closed cabinet. You also do not have to worry about searching the remote control if it slips under your sofa or elsewhere. The smart remote finder feature in the express app will locate the remote for you in no time.
9. Logitech Harmony Companion
If you are looking for a Firestick Remote Replacement, this Logitech Harmony Companion is the ideal product you would love to pick. This is a simpler and easy-to-use product from the Harmony series that controls smart devices and entertainment devices. Since it lacks a screen display and it is required to be operated using physical buttons only. It can control up to 8 devices at a time and can be used with Alexa and Google Assistant. Since Harmony Hub accompanies it, you can even hide AV components and operate comfortably. In addition, due to the physical number pad, it becomes easier to operate and jump to any specific channel.
10. Sofabaton F2
Sofabaton F2 is an attachment for your existing Firestick remote to increase its functionality. It is a device that can be easily clipped onto the remote, thereby allowing you to control your streaming device with enhanced features. This attachment provides you 11 extra buttons and allows you to control your cable box, DVD player, soundbar, and TV. In addition, since it is provided with an IR learning technology, it can program by itself. This is what makes this device quite easier and effortless to use.
11. iPazzPort Add-on
This is one of the best universal remote attachments that works great with Amazon Fire TV and Firestick, and Fire TV Cube. The iPazzPort universal remote addon helps to control the basic TV functions and the streaming devices all-in-one. If you wish to access the streaming applications faster and faster, this is a suitable match. This addon is the most loved choice for many users who are using the Amazon Fire Stick universal remote.
12. Sevenhugs Smart Remote
The Sevenhugs Smart Remote is designed to control TV, lights, music, and a lot more instantly and with a quite easy interface. It can work with over 650,000 devices connecting through WiFi, Bluetooth, and infrared. When you point this remote at any device, it automatically displays the right controls. You just need to place the three included sensors on your wall. With an easy-to-use touchscreen, it can be accessed conveniently by anyone without any hassle. It can very easily control multiple devices at a single time by just pressing a button. Using the Seven hugs smart remote app, you can customize and create your own operating screens. Thus, this remote is one of the top choices for a Firestick replacement remote.
13. Caavo Control Center
This is one of the best remotes with voice control that requires a service fee to enjoy advanced and smart features. This smart remote control is simple and elegant and is not affected by any obstruction as it does not require a line of sight to operate. It is provided with an HDMI switch in which you simply need to plug your device, and it’s done. This easy-to-use operation makes it quite user-friendly without any complexity. For making the searching of any content easier, it is provided with its own smart voice control system and onscreen display. Its connectivity is limited to 4 devices, but it can work well enough with various devices giving excellent results with voice search. You can also use it with Google Home and Alexa, and it works well with the voice command.
Working with multiple remote controls for various devices makes controlling the devices quite a tedious job. However, with the help of a universal remote for Firestick, you can overcome this tough task in no time. If you face such issues with your Firestick remote, then we have come up with several replacement remotes that might be a great fit for your device. Also, if you are new to Firestick and do not know how to connect Firestick remote to TV, our article will serve as a perfect guide for you. You can program, connect or reset your Firestick remote control without any complexity.