Disney Plus has taken its place on Amazon’s Fire TV by offering some of the most incredible and loved movies and TV shows. This amazing streaming platform features vast video content from Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic channels. Ever since it has been launched into Firestick, Disney Plus has become one of the most downloaded streaming services on Firestick. Disney Plus is compatible with most popular streaming devices such as Apple TV, Android Devices, iOS, Roku, etc. Further, Disney Plus Firestick installation is easy with just a few simple steps to follow. Adding to it, Disney Plus is compatible with the Alexa voice assistant, so you just need to speak and get started.
- Thousands of Disney content and original shows
- Can connect up to 4 connections
- 4k UHD support
- HD quality video content
- Supports Dolby Atmos
- Movies and Tv shows can be downloaded for offline viewing
How to Download Disney Plus on Firestick?
You can easily download Disney Plus from your Amazon App Store by following these steps:
1. Launch your Fire TV and go to the Home Page and click on the “Search” icon at the top left of the menu bar.
2. Type “Disney Plus” in the search box and select the first relevant suggestion.
3. Scroll down and search for the “Apps and Games” section. Here, click on “Disney+.”
4. Once you click on the app, click on the yellow “Get/Download” icon.
5. Wait till the app gets installed, and once installed, click “Open” to stream Disney+ on Firestick.
6. With this, you have successfully download Disney+ Firestick.
How to Watch Disney Plus On Firestick?
Step 1: You can start off streaming your favorite movies and TV shows by simply clicking on the “Log in” icon once you launch Disney Plus on Fire TV.
Step 2: Next, fill in the required details such as email address and password. Move ahead by clicking “Continue”.
Step 3: You will then be prompted to choose from options for a monthly or annual subscription once your 7- day Free Trial service has been completed. Select your preferred option and move to the home page of Disney Plus.
Step 4: Over to the Home page, you will see hundreds of movie and TV show options right there. You can click on any of the movies and start streaming them immediately. Adding to it, if you do not find your desired movie title right on the home page itself, you can use the search tab and type in your desired movie name. Also, if you want to access through phone, you can install the Disney Plus app.
Step 5: If you want to view your movie at some other time, you can quickly download it and use it even for offline streaming. Just click on the “Download” icon that appears when you click on the movie, wait till the download process is complete.
Step 6: You can even make your watchlist by adding your favorite web series episodes. Click on the “+” sign that appears next to the movie or TV show title. Once clicked on it, the “+” sign will change into a checkmark sign. You can view the saved content by navigating to your watchlist located in the top navigation bar.
Step 7: For better HD quality streaming, you can control the video resolution. Click on the “Profile” icon at the top right of the home page, then select “App Settings.” Under App Settings, click “Download Quality.” You can now choose from three quality options which are Standard, Medium, and High.
Step 8: Another feature that makes streaming more fun is that Disney Plus allows you to keep a Disney character as your profile icon. To do this, click on the “Profile” icon and select “Edit Profile.” You will now see a wide list of popular Disney characters, pick your favorite one and click “Add Profile.” You can even choose from options such as “Kids Profile” or “Autoplay.” This will edit your interface automatically.
How to Fix Disney Plus Firestick Not Working?
While you stream movies and Tv shows on Disney +, you might come across some unexpected errors. It could be either network issues or a hardware problem that interrupts the streaming service. To help you fix these issues, we have listed down a few quick solutions you could use to fix these issues in just no time.
1. Test the App by watching another movie or web series
If you are getting issues while watching a movie, go back to your Disney Plus media library and click on a different show. If this works, then there could be a possible issue in the movie playback itself. In addition, at times, shows on Disney Plus encounter certain problems that become unplayable for a while.
2. Re-Login to your Disney+ account
- Launch the Disney Plus app on your Fire TV.
- Next, click on your “Profile” icon located at the extreme top right of your home page.
- Now, a dropdown menu bar will open, click “Log out”.
- Once you have successfully logged out, wait for a couple of minutes and log in to your account back again.
3. Reset your Network Connection
Disney Plus requires a bandwidth of at least 5-Mbps for you to enjoy streaming its content without any interruption. Also, you can restart your router by unplugging the power cord from the router device and wait for a few minutes, then plug the cord back into it. Next, press the restart button at the back of the router and wait till it completes the process. Now you can check and see whether the issue has been resolved.
4. Restart the Firestick device
Another possible reason for your Disney+ Fire TV application to not respond is that there could be temporary glitches that might have occurred on your Firestick device. To fix this, you can restart your device. To restart the Amazon firestick device go through the following steps.
- Go to your Fire TV home page, and click on “Settings” located at the right of the menu bar.
- Then, select the “Device” tab and further click on “Restart” from the right side menu panel. Once done, wait for the Fire TV to complete its restart process.
5. Update Disney Plus Application on Fire TV
Disney Plus keeps regularly updating to offer a better streaming experience. However, if you haven’t updated your Disney Plus app on your Fire TV for a while. You must think of doing it now since there could be some underlying updates that have to be completed to resolve your issues.
- Open your Fire TV Homepage and search for “Disney Plus” from the list.
- Once you have found the app, highlight the app and press the “Menu” button from your Firestick remote.
- Next, select “More Info” from the pop-up window that appears on your screen.
- Lastly, click “Update” if there is any new update notification available for Disney+ Amazon Fire Stick.
How to Turn Off Subtitles on Disney Plus Firestick App?
1. Open the “Disney Plus” app on your Fire TV.
2. Select the movie or TV show you want to stream and click it to start playing the video.
3. Press the “Menu” button from your firestick remote control.
4. Next, select the “Subtitles and Audio” section.
5. Click the “Off” tab under the Subtitles and Audio section. With this, your video will now play without any subtitles.
How to Turn Off Closed Caption on Disney Plus Firestick?
1. Press the “Menu” button from your Firestick remote while the video is still being played.
2. Click on the “CC” option that appears below the media player functions.
3. Select “Turn Captions Off” and tap the “Menu” buttons again to return to your video.
How to Cancel Disney Plus on Firestick?
1. Launch Disney Plus website on a web browser through computer or smartphone.
2. Log in to your Disney plus account. Once you have logged into your account, click on your profile icon located at the top right.
3. Under the profile section, select “Account” from the dropdown menu bar.
4. Next, from the accounts page, select the blue highlighted “Billing Details” link.
5. Further, select “Cancel Subscription.”
6. Now, click on the red dialogue box that reads “Complete Cancellation” to confirm your cancellation process.
7. Lastly, fill in the optional survey that collects the information for your reason to cancel the subscription.
There could be several reasons for your Disney Plus account to stop working on your Firestick. Possible reasons could be network issues, account glitches, or an old version of the Disney Plus application.
Disney Plus has been launched on all Firestick devices from 12th November 2019.
Yes, Disney Plus is available to be installed on Firestick from the Amazon app store.
Yes, with a Disney Plus account, you can seamlessly watch Disney Plus on Firestick.
Disney Plus has been made available across all Fire TV devices from 12th November 2019.
No, Disney Plus is not free with Amazon Prime. You will need to purchase a monthly or yearly subscription.
Disney+ streaming app is truly loved by all generations of customers, from kids to adults. It offers an extensive package of all trendy and popular movies and TV shows. With the addition of Disney Plus app on Firestick, many users can now move from their smartphone and access movies on their big screen. It simply takes just a few minutes to install and start streaming the app over your Fire TV. If you come across any problems regarding the working of the app, you can quickly scan through our solutions to fix them within seconds. We hope our guide has helped you make your streaming much easier and enjoyable.