Amazon Fire TV is a family of products that includes Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Stick 4k, and Fire TV Cube. All these products are helpful to enhance your TV experience in different ways. This article will try to provide you with all the necessary details of the Amazon Fire TV Cube. It is the most powerful and capable streaming device that helps to control your TV and other smart devices with your voice. To know more about this product, let’s quickly jump onto the first question of the Amazon Fire TV Cube.
What is Fire TV Cube?
Amazon launches the Fire TV Cube with a dual combination of smart TV streaming box and Alexa-powered smart speakers. It contains multidimensional IR emitters for you to connect it with most of the smart devices from popular brands. The standalone streaming device is simple and easy-to-use with microphones that enable direct talking to Alexa for great convenience of hands-free control. It can stream ultra-HD resolution and is compatible with many HDR formats like Dolby, Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG. In addition, you can easily binge-watch from a wide selection of Fire TV Cube apps and services like Netflix, Prime, YouTube, Apple TV, Hub, MY5, iTunes, BBC iPlayer, and many more.
How does Amazon Fire TV Cube work?
Amazon Fire TV Cube delivers the most powerful performance with a Hexa-core processor. Amazon Fire TV Cube Specifications are four cores at up to 2.2 GHz and two more cores at up to 1.9 GHz, which helps deliver 4k Ultra HD content up to 60 frames per second. This provides great audio and video quality with advanced beaming technology. In simple language, it works as a smart echo device. It also comes with a converter that lets you connect directly to the internet using an Ethernet cable. In addition, fire TV works with multidimensional infrared technology so that you can control most of the satellite boxes, soundbars, TV, and other smart devices. For optimal performance, Alexa uses the HDMI-CEC feature and cloud-based protocols for easy setup and great compatibility.
Amazon Fire TV Cube Specs
|Dimensions||3.4” x 3.4” x 3.0”|
|Weight||16.4 oz (465 g)|
|Processor||Quad-core up to 1.5 GHz | ARM 4xCA53|
|Storage||16 GB internal|
|Output resolution supported||2160p, 1080p, and 720p up to 60 fps|
What is the Amazon Fire TV Cube useful for?
Amazon Fire TV Cube is a multi-purpose streaming device that allows you to put down your remote and straightly jump onto your favorite TV shows and movies with the sound of your voice. Apart from this, there are diverse uses that are listed below.
- It controls the power, volume, and input switching on many popular TV brands like Samsung, LG, Sanyo, Toshiba, Hisense, Sony, Sharp, TCL, and many more.
- Fire TV is also useful to control the volume and power of compatible soundbars from brands like Samsung, Sony, Bose, Yamaha, Polk, and more.
- Helps to control the power and volume of compatible A/V receivers manufactured by brands like Denon, Sony, Pioneer, Harman, Yamaha, and more.
- Even when your TV is off, you can easily check the weather, set timers and reminders as well.
- You can easily turn on/off your home appliances at a pre-scheduled time to save your electricity bill.
- You can enjoy a better gaming experience with the help of compatible controllers.
Amazon Fire TV Cube Setup
Amazon Fire TV Cube requires a few accessories to enjoy hand-free entertainment. However, setting up the Fire TV Cube is a super-easy and less demanding process. So, let’s have a look at the steps regarding setting up Fire TV Cube.
1. Place your Amazon Fire TV Cube at least 1-2 feet (50 cm) away from the speakers in a way that its logo must face towards the center of your room. Do not keep the Fire TV Cube in a closed area.
2. Connect your Fire TV Cube with the TV’s HDMI port by plugging one end into your TV and another one into your Fire TV Cube.
3. Also, plug the power adapter with one end into the outlet and the other inside your Fire TV Cube.
4. Put AAA batteries inside your Fire TV remote and switch on the TV.
5. For the final setup of your device, follow the onscreen instructions to switch to the correct HDMI input, and your device will show a blue color strip to show that it’s working properly.
6. Connect it to your DTH service provider/ cable and download & install all the applications you wish to use.
How to Connect Third-party Compatible Devices?
Many times, we wish to connect other smart devices that the Amazon Fire TV supports. This may include antenna, soundbars, A/V receivers, and much more. To connect a third-party compatible device, follow these five simple steps, and you’re easy to go.
- Go to Settings on your Fire TV Cube.
- Select Equipment control.
- From the options shown on your screen, click on Manage Equipment.
- Select Add Equipment and choose the equipment you wish to connect to.
- Follow the other on-screen prompts, and your device is connected.
Amazon Fire TV Cube Accessories
Amazon Fire TV Cube Accessories include Fire TV Cube, Ethernet adapter, Alexa voice remote, IR extender cable, and power adapter. The HDMI cable is also required to set up the device but is not included in this package. You can easily order your cable from Amazon. A Fire TV Cube is the main component that takes all the commands and successfully performs them. An Ethernet adapter is important to connect your device with an internet connection.
If you’re using Wi-Fi connectivity, then you don’t require the Ethernet adapter. The Alexa voice remote, powered by two AAA batteries, is also provided in the box when you don’t wish to operate the device with the voice of your sound. The remote buttons are also useful to invoke the voice assistant function if you don’t wish to let the microphone on all the time. Also, with its help, you can easily operate in noisy rooms.
What are the Requirements to make Amazon Fire TV Cube Work?
You must be aware of a few requirements before using your Fire TV Cube with smart devices.
- Your Fire TV Cube should be switched on to work on the voice commands that you’ll give. For better results, you can also use the power adapter and cable.
- Make sure that your TV/ AV receiver, soundbars are IR-enabled to be compatible with voice controls.
- To enjoy the full benefits of the 4k Ultra HD watching experience, connect Fire TV Cube to an HDCP 2.2 input using a high-speed certified cable.
How to Reset Fire Cube?
If your Fire TV Cube Alexa is not responding, or you wish to delete all your content to restore everything to default settings, you can easily reset your device. To reset the Fire Cube, follow these three simple steps:
- Go to the Settings from your Home Screen.
- Click on My Fire TV amongst all the options displayed on your screen.
- Select and confirm the Reset to Factory Defaults option to get the process started.
You’re done resetting your device and deleting all the account information and downloaded content, if any. This may roughly take two minutes, and after the completion of the process, it will show a screen that says “Searching for your remote.”
How to install Kodi on Fire TV Cube?
Kodi is one of the best media server applications to binge your favorite movies and shows. However, this is not a pre-installed application on the Amazon Fire TV Cube, so you can download and install it on your device by referring to the step-by-step process given below.
1. Go to the Settings on your home screen.
2. Scroll the screen towards the right and click on Device or My Fire TV.
3. From the options shown on the screen, click on Developer options.
4. Now, turn on the option that says Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. An on-screen confirmation will appear on your screen. Click Turn ON to confirm using an application from unknown sources.
6. Now search for the Downloader app to download Kodi as it is not available on the Amazon store.
7. Click on the Downloader option and open it after your download is finished.
8. A prompt will appear on the screen to allow the Downloader to access photos, media, and files on your device. Click on Allow to move further.
9. Another on-screen instruction will appear, which says, “Update notes for Downloader.” Click on OK to move further.
10. This will open an on-screen keyboard where you have to enter the URL: troypoint.com/kodistable to install Kodi 19.1 and troypoint.com/k18 if you wish to install Kodi 18.9.
11. After entering the URL, click on GO to get the downloading process started.
12. Now, a setup page will appear which will ask you to install the application. Click on Install to get the installation done.
13. To free up your valuable space, you can delete the Kodi APK file that you used for installation on your Fire TVCube.
14. Confirm to delete the file and return to your Home Screen page.
15. For the final installation of Kodi, click on Continue from the Home Screen.
16. Again, click on Allow to give access to Kodi on your photos, media, and files.
17. Now, you’ll be presented with a Kodi Home Screen on your device.
Amazon Fire TV Cube Commands
Following are some of the useful Alexa commands that you can give to Fire TV Cube.
- To Turn ON or OFF the TV: “Alexa, turn on the TV” / “Alexa, turn the TV off”
- To Mute or Unmute the TV: “Alexa, mute my TV” / “Alexa, unmute my TV”
- For Turning Up or Down the Volume: “Alexa, turn up the volume” / “Alexa, turn down the volume”
- To Adjust the Volume: “Alexa, set the volume to 5”
- To Watch Movie: “Alexa, watch Frozen 2”
- For Opening any OTT: “Alexa, open Netflix”
- To Watch any Specific Channel: “Alexa, watch HBO” or to watch on any particular service “Alexa, watch HBO on Prime”
- For Playing any Song: “Alexa, play Stiches”
- To Stop, Play or Pause Playback: “Alexa, Stop” / “Alexa, Play/Resume/Unpause” / “Alexa, Pause”
If your Fire TV Cube Alexa not responding to your voice commands, try resetting the device by following the above guide.
What are Other Smart Devices that Follow Amazon Fire TV Cube Alexa Commands?
You can operate many other smart devices with the Amazon Fire TV Cube. Other than controlling compatible TVs, tens of thousands of devices can control compatible smart home devices. Fire TV Cube compatibility with other devices is one of the most impressive reasons to own it. This includes lights, thermostats, locks, fans, etc. some of the smart compatible devices are listed below.
- Smart lighting: You can easily control your lights with the voice of your sound without getting up from your place.
- Door Locks: You can ensure your home safety with unwanted automatic entries. Also, let your guests in and out digitally with Fire TV Cube.
- Cameras: Helps to easily operate cameras to have a look at your babies and pets for complete peace of mind.
- Smart Plugs: With Alexa built-in smart plugs, it is super-quick to add voice function to any socket.
- ACs: This ensures easy adjusting of AC and its temperature without any remote.
Is the Fire TV Cube Worth it?
There are ample good reasons for you to buy Fire TV Cube. To begin with, this most impressive and powerful streaming device can convert your home into a smart home to which you can literally talk. The Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen is equipped with a better core processor and great Fire Cube specs to give you hand-free access with the Alexa voice assistant. This standalone streaming device is a must if you’re a lover of streaming online and wish to upgrade your experience.
Also, it is worth mentioning that the built-in speakers for Alexa voice functionality help you build a smart home that almost operates with all smart home appliances. Therefore, it is the best all-inclusive setup for home entertainment. Finally, suppose you’re a user who wishes to have high-quality 4k content and perhaps has not invested in other Alexa devices. In that case, it is worth spending your valuable money on the Amazon Fire TV Cube for smart control and better commanding.
Fire Stick vs Fire Cube
Fire Stick and Fire Cube are the family products of the same brand line. Amazon Fire Cube is considered an upgraded version of Amazon Fire Stick. Given below are some pointers to juxtapose between the two:
- Fire Stick enables the use of voice commands only when the stick was on. But with the Fire Cube, you can simply ask Alexa to switch on the TV and give other commands.
- Fire Cube has an upgraded remote than Fire Stick with novel buttons. This includes a Mic button with Alexa, a dedicated button for applications, a forward and reverse button.
- Fire TV Stick supports Dolby vision for HDR and Dolby Atmos for Audio, but Fire Cube is only compatible with Fire Dolby Vision.
- The major and most impressive difference between the two is Fire TV Cube is a full-fledged device with Alexa functionality that works on the smart home device.
- The Amazon Fire TV Cube is more expensive than the Amazon Fire Stick because of its better connectivity, more processing power, and diverse purposes.
Roku Ultra vs Fire TV Cube
Roku Ultra and Fire TV Cube are the best options amongst the options available in the streaming device market. So, let’s find out the difference between the two to make the right choice.
- Amazon Fire TV works on a Hexa-core processor, which provides faster connectivity than Roku Ultra.
- Fire TV Cube has many advanced features like hand-free controls for peace of mind with remote monitoring. With local voice controls, you get better audio quality in the Fire TV Cube.
- Amazon also offers eight microphones in the Fire TV Cube to be the best listener for your instructions, even in noisy rooms. These beamforming microphones couldn’t get a place in Roku Ultra.
- It also excels in supporting many smart devices for a smart home integration than the Roku Ultra. This helps to save your money by investing in other Alexa devices.
- Roku Ultra doesn’t allow you to use an Echo smart speaker when the TV is turned off, which is easily available on the Fire TV.
- While comparing the price, Amazon Fire TV Cube is more expensive with novel technologies than Roku Ultra.
Amazon Fire Cube is designed to control your free-hand entertainment experience seamlessly. You can also use it to give commands like Alexa, play some music even when your TV is off. Enjoy your favorite shows from some of the best apps for Fire TV Cube like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, PS Vue, Sling TV, Tidal, and so on. Plus, dance on millions of songs via services like Amazon Music, Gaana, Spotify, and more. So, Amazon FIRE TV Cube can give a fantastic streaming experience with HD content and quick response. So, what are you waiting for? Enjoy these multiple streaming services by bringing Amazon Fire TV Cube home.