The Amazon Fire Stick is a device that turns your old television into a Smart TV. If you’re an Amazon Fire Stick user, then it is likely that you might face a ‘No Signal’ issue on HDMI because it was reported that the Firestick often loses signal. It depends on many factors such as the loose connection of ports, insufficient power supply, environmental conditions, etc. This article provides complete information regarding the reasons for this issue and its solutions. Following this guide, you can fix the Amazon Fire Stick no signal problem without any technical support.
Why Does my FireStick say No Signal?
There are various reasons why your Amazon Fire Stick has a bad signal strength. However, if you are a user of Amazon Fire Stick, you might have encountered these issues at least once.
- Due to some HDCP issues: If you are using an older TV, you will likely have HDCP issues. HDCP issues are most common and prevent TV screens from receiving the video and disturbs the communication between TV and Firestick, which results in ‘No Signal.’
- Problems with recently connected devices: Your recently connected devices maybe also be the reason due to which your Amazon Firestick keeps losing the signal. This issue could occur due to recently changed device settings connected to the same HDMI port you had previously connected your Fire Stick to.
- The power supply is not effective: Using the TV’s USB port to power the fire phone rather than this legitimate power supply will result in a signal error on the TV screen. When the power is taken from the other source rather than the provided one, the power supply gets weak and automatically shows no signal message.
- Hardware issues with the HDMI port or the HDMI cable: Computer users often report hardware issues with the HDMI port due to inappropriate drivers, which leads to a black screen. However, the no signal error on the Amazon Firestick could also be due to a hardware issue with the HDMI port or HDMI cable.
- Faulty Amazon Fire TV Stick: In the most unusual circumstances, the Fire TV Stick can be defective. Also, a bug in the Fire TV Stick means that the Amazon Firestick is not receiving an HDMI signal. Likewise, sometimes the flash drive may not connect or turn on properly due to various reasons.
- Wi-Fi connection issue and inappropriate router settings: If your Wi-Fi not properly connected, or your network speed or Wi-Fi settings not adjusted with the Firestick, you may experience Amazon Firestick no signal.
[Fixed] How to Fix Amazon Fire TV No Signal HDMI?
The HDMI cable and HDMI port play an important role in affecting the performance of the Firestick. At this point, the problem is likely with the HDMI cable or HDMI port.
However, if your Amazon FireStick says no signal, try out the following troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
Method 1: Check HDMI Cables and Ports
- Ensure that the HDMI cable properly connected to the HDMI port. Also, make sure that the cables are not cut or scratched. Also, try connecting the original HDMI cable that came in the Firestick box.
- If all the cables and ports are fine, try alternating HDMI cables to HDMI ports. Also, connect the Firestick to your TV using an HDMI cable only.
- Connect another device using the HDMI port for testing. Sometimes HDMI ports get damaged due to weather conditions.
- If all ports are in perfect condition, try replacing the HDMI cable. It is better to use an HDMI cable with a 13-pin remote control.
- You can also check out the power converter box. However, this requires other cables as well, such as VGA and 3.5mm (stereo) connections.
Method 2: Check whether Screen Resolution is Adequate or Not
If still your Amazon Fire Stick signal strength not in range, try out this method. Inappropriate resolution may affect the streaming with Amazon Fire Stick. Try changing the resolution according to your FireStick compatibility because the incorrect resolution will affect the TV, and it can become the reason for your Amazon Fire Stick no signal.
- Hold up the up and remind button on your Fire Stick remote.
- Set the appropriate resolution and save the changes.
Method 3: Restart your Amazon Fire TV Stick
Some random bugs and glitches can also be the reason for the Amazon Fire Stick no Wifi signal problem. However, rebooting your Firestick can get rid of all the temporary errors just like any other device.
Reboot your Firestick and TV
- Remove the TV socket from the power supply and then disconnect the Firestick from the HDMI port.
- Disconnect the USB memory from the power source and disconnect the AC adapter.
- Wait for a few minutes, then connect the TV and turn it on.
- Connect the Firestick to the TV.
Method 4: Check your Internet Connection
Wifi issues or incorrect connection of the internet may also cause Amazon FireStick no signal issues. It is suggested to follow the below steps to solve the network issues.
- Ensure whether your internet connection is good. Or else contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Make sure your ethernet wire connected firmly to the ethernet port.
- Place your firestick closer to the Wifi router.
- Do the power recycle of the router by disconnecting the power cable and connecting it back to the power supply after some time.
- Reset your firestick to factory settings.
How to Increase Signal to Fire Stick?
A healthy signal results in better functioning of the Fire Stick. However, the simplest way to increase signal to Fire Stick is to hardwire the Amazon Fire TV Stick to the wifi router using an Ethernet cable. But, if you don’t like a long wire hanging between your router and Fire Stick, follow the steps given below.
- Upgrade your Wifi router: If you are using an old router, the chances are that your network becomes slow. So, getting a new router will increase your signal strength and surround all the corners of your home.
- Place your router closer to the Fire Stick: When your router and fire stick are in different rooms, the signal becomes weak, and it may not even reach your TV and firestick. Relocating your Wifi router near your firestick ensures better connectivity and overall signal strength.
- Change your Wifi frequencies: Modern Wifi routers can switch between two Wifi frequencies. So if you face a network issue, changing your frequency to a better bandwidth will improve the signal.
- HDMI Extender: You can use Amazon Fire Stick signal booster like FireCable HDMI extender to boost the Wifi signal of your Fire TV. First try out all the above three solutions to fix the problem. If still your FireStick keeps losing signal, then better go for the HDMI extender.
If you try all these methods listed above, most probably there is a chance that you can fix the problem all by yourself. But, despite all the efforts and still not able to fix the no signal error, it might be a hardware issue with your Amazon Fire TV Stick. So, it is advised to contact Amazon Fire Stick customer care, where their technicians troubleshoot all the issues and fix them within no time.